Sunday 8 April 2012

Chez Queux

One of my favorite french restaurants in Montréal. It is located in the heart of the Vieux-Port de Montréal. You can only imagine how pleasant it is in the summer. It's April, and the streets were already pretty busy!

I also love this restaurant because of it's authentic charm. Large wooden doors soft lighting, french music, amazing service. To give you an idea of the service: there is a host, a server that brings the amuse-bouche, another one to take your order, a different one to bring the food, and a different one to take clean out after each service. 



Not to seem like total losers who eat at 5:00 pm. But. This time we had to. Only because we had a show to go to at 8:00pm. The advantage of eating at this time is their "Menu pré-théâtre". It's a full table d'hôte (3 services) for 24$. Amazing price! Look at the options!



Look at how gorgeous the resto is!



For the amuse-bouche: mousse de crevettes et saumon


This appetizer isn't on the pré-théâtre menu, BUT it is my all time favorite. The extra 10$ is SO worth it. 

Crème brûlée de foie gras avec gelée de framboise et brioche grillée

Enough said? They whip the foie gras so it's light as air, then caramelize some sugar on top. Spread it on the brioche with a dollop of gelée and you'll be in fatty heaven. 



Mommy decided to be healthy with the Salade mesclun aux noix de grenobles. 

I don't know how they do it in restaurant, but it barely looks as if ANY dressing is on there. AND it tastes amazing. Go figure. 


Pour la pièce de résistance: 

Suprême de volaille à la moutarde

I don't like chicken that much cause I think it's usually dry. But this one was pretty good. The skin was all burnt and crispy (LOVE that), and the sauce was simply amazing. Chicken itself wasn't THAT dry so it passed. They served it with wild rice and some veggies. I personally think there should be more veggies. 


Mom took the Grillade de boeuf (bavette) avec oignons caramélisés au jus et gratin de patates. 

I think her plate was so much better than mine (just because I don't like chicken?). You can't see the gratin that well (buried under the giant asparagus) but it is SO good. It's like piles of thinly sliced potatoes baked with cream and cheese (enough said?). I think you can't go wrong with a cut of beef au jus


For dessert, we didn't have the choice. It was like a "dessert du jour". Not bad though. I would've had a crème brûlée (my usual) or something, so I guess it's good to try something new. This dessert doesn't even have a name. So I'll name it. 

Gâteau vanille crème au beurre à la vanille

The cake was really moist but the buttercream was still hard-ish. They should've let it sit at room temperature a little longer before serving. It's probably cause we ate at 5:00 pm though. I blame it on us. 


I definitly recommend this resto - good price for good service and good food. Oh - they have a huge wine list too. Only downside is that they only serve ONE kind by the glass. 

Eat away my lovelies, 

M. 

http://www.chezqueux.com/restaurant_francais_montreal.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment